Affording Virginia Chance School
A Virginia Chance School education is valuable and sought after, and we desire to help provide that education to children who are accepted into Virginia Chance School and can demonstrate the need for financial assistance. Any Chance family who is unable to attend because of financial reasons is encouraged to apply. The Virginia Chance School tuition assistance process is as follows:
- A one-time $115 non-refundable application fee is required to start the enrollment process payable to VCS.
- After your child is accepted into the program, a $200 non-refundable yearly registration fee is required to reserve your child’s spot in the school according to Virginia Chance School’s admissions steps and dates payable to VCS.
- The next step is to complete a financial aid application online and provide supporting documents to FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) by Dec 17 2021, for first-round decisions. We have the right to hold acceptances until second-round decisions to meet the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging goals for the school, so you may be waitlisted to the second round which happens in late Spring, and not all that apply will be able to receive financial aid or be accepted as we have a limited FA budget and limited spots in school. Also, please note that FA funds are financially supported through the gifts of our full pay diverse and non-diverse families in support of this mission. To complete your online aid application and for assistance, click on the link FAST Online. You may also contact the Director of Finance & Operations, Karen Linton, at 502.425.6904 or email@example.com for assistance.
- FAST requires payment of a non-refundable application fee $48 and will process only one application per family, payable to FAST Online at the end of the online application. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing each application. Complete financial aid application packets will be processed; incomplete ones will NOT. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- COPIES of the following documentation is needed to complete your FAST application. 2020 tax year information is preferred however 2019 tax year information will be accepted. Please send all items requested so that your application is processed promptly.
- W-2s – AND your last pay stub of the year
- W-2G – needed for gambling winnings
- 1099s for IRA, Pensions/Annuities (if you have entered figures on lines 15 and 16 of the Federal 1040), Unemployment Compensation, Cancellation of Debt
- Federal Tax Return – 1040 – 1040A – 1040 EZ (please send a complete copy of only the current year taxes, unless otherwise requested by your school)
- Additional applicable schedules: Schedule C or C-EZ (Business Income); Schedule D (Capital Gains); Schedule E (Supplemental Income)
- State Tax Return if your State requires you to file a Return
- All Business Tax returns, such as K1s and 1120 for S Corp (if your business is incorporated)
- If you own the home you live in, please send proof of Property Taxes paid
- Documentation of Alimony and/or Child Support.
- You will also be asked to submit a household budget: how you allocate and an explanation.
- Upon receipt of FAST’s financial analysis and recommendation, Chance’s Tuition Assistance Committee will review the findings and recommendations, make decisions, and notify families of financial aid decisions on a rolling basis.
- Tuition Assistance applicants providing required paperwork after this deadline will be considered if funds are still available.
- All information submitted for the purpose of making tuition assistance decisions is confidential but also strictly follows anti-racism protocols.
- Tuition assistance decisions are awarded on a year-by-year basis. All recipients must reapply for each school year to be considered for tuition assistance.
- Total upfront cost for the tuition assistance enrollment process is $363 calculated from above for the first year and $263 for the following years.
- You may contact FAST directly for help or contact Virginia Chance School’s Director of Finance and Operations, Karen Linton, in the school office at 425-6904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outside of this process please understand that you have a responsibility to financially support Virginia Chance School. Please be aware that even full tuition does not cover the entire cost of educating our students; therefore your support is essential to the school’s ability to consistently fulfill its mission of providing academic excellence in a positive and nurturing environment. Your responsibilities include making timely tuition payments and contributing to the two major fund-raising efforts of the year- Challenge for Chance and the Auction – to the fullest extent you are able.
Tuition Assistance Application- FAST Online
NOTE: Your application is not complete until FAST lets you know that you have no other deliverables to give them. Please be mindful that the online application is the start of the process but there are often additional documents requested after the submission to fully complete the FA process.
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594