As our school community comes together to provide a safe environment for everyone, carpool protocol is a high priority. Health checks for all students before entering the building and children getting to their classrooms with minimal contacts is a fundamental start to each day.
At student pickup, we will be maintaining smaller cohorts instead of a multi-age group gathering. We expect the process will take a bit longer than it has in the past. Staggered arrival times and designated entrances and exits should help with congestion. Your patience with our staff and with each other will be appreciated as we make every effort to keep our school community healthy at school.
We will monitor what works and what does not and make adjustments as needed.
- Carpool numbers will be distributed during Materials Pick-Up/Drop-Off from 1-4pm Thursday, Sept. 24 in the field.
- Please post your number in the upper right windshield/dashboard of your vehicle so that it is easily visible.
Preschool Arrival Times
Drive all the way around the carpool loop past the front of the building to the Group A stop. Your child’s teacher or specialist will come to your vehicle to conduct the temperature and wellness check, then walk them to the main entrance to access their classrooms - Rooms 1, 2, 6, and 7.
Drive half-way around the carpool loop past the Cottage to the front corner of the building to the Group B stop. Your child’s teacher or specialist will come to your vehicle to conduct the temperature and wellness check, then walk them to the Cottage or Pedway stairs to access Rooms 8, 9, and 10.
Preschool Dismissal Times
- Half-Day carpool opens at 11:45am
- Preschool Plus carpool opens at 1:15pm
- Full-Day carpool opens at 3:30pm
Preschool Dropoff/Pickup Locations
|8:25 AM||8:40 AM|
(Rooms 1, 2, 6, 7)
Twos & Threes
(Cottage A& B, Rooms 8, 9, 10)
Top of Hill - A GROUP
Top of Hill - B GROUP
|-Siblings arrive with eldest|
Elementary Arrival Times
8:25 am A - H (by last name)
8:40 am I - Z (by last name)
Elementary Families with preschool siblings and Room 16
Continue to drop off in UPPER CARPOOL on the same schedule. Your child’s preschool or Room 16 teacher will conduct health checks for all children in the car.
8:25 am Fours & Room 16
8:40 am Twos & Threes
Arrival times are staggered to alleviate traffic congestion since the protocol this year will take a bit longer. As routines become more familiar to all, we will evaluate the process and make adjustments as necessary. If you need to come at a different time than your alphabetical group, you may so.
- Please place your carpool number in the upper left corner of your windshield*
- A teacher or specialist from your child’s classroom will greet your vehicle. Everyone in the vehicle K+ must be wearing a mask during check-in
- Siblings will all be checked-in by one child’s teacher consistently. The color-coding of your carpool number will help teachers be aware that they are checking in your family
- Drivers are asked COVID health questions, and child(ren)’s temperatures will be measured and recorded.
- If a child’s temperature or health questionnaire warrants further review (i.e., rechecking temperature or symptoms), you will pull forward to the space by the mailbox.
- After check-in is complete, students will sanitize hands and head up to enter the building
- Staff will be posted to help children get safely to their classrooms
3:30 pm I-Z (by last name)
3:40 pm A-H (by last name)
Dismissal times are staggered to alleviate traffic congestion since the protocol this year will take a bit longer. As routines become more familiar to all, we will evaluate the process and make adjustments as necessary. If you need to come at a different time than your alphabetical group, you may do so.
- Please place your carpool number in the upper left corner of your windshield.
- A staff member will be noting carpool numbers as you pull into the lower lot.
- Pull forward through the carpool line as far as you can and keep minimal space between cars and keep carpool traffic off Lime Kiln Lane.
- Children, wearing masks, will gather in their tent with their class cohort (or half group) to sanitize hands and await pickup.
- Loading spaces are numbered 1-6 to help coordinate drivers and teachers
- Siblings will be brought together at the load-in spaces. The color-coding of your carpool number will help teachers be aware that they are loading your family.
- A teacher or specialist from your child’s classroom will greet your vehicle and open the door for your child(ren).
- Everyone K+ in the car must be wearing a mask during pick-up.